Monday, March 26, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Take Place In Another Country



Visiting other countries is amazing. I dream of seeing new places and getting out of the United States can feel so very freeing. However, trips are expensive. So what's a fun alternative? Books, duh! :)

So, here's my top ten books that take place in different countries!


The United Kingdom 
There's like a million books I love set in the UK:
Harry Potter
obviously
Murder Most Unladylike
Some good old British fun. This is my favorite middle grade series at the moment. I love the female friendship and quirky mystery solving.
Clockwork Angel
The whole Infernal Devices Trilogy is such a love letter to London.

Australia
Saving Francesca
Melina Marchetti never disappoints and lots of her emotional, amazing novels take place in her home country.

Paris
Anna and the French Kiss
I will never get tired of singing its praises. Anna is hilarious and her descriptions of being an American in Paris are spot-on.

Prague 
Night of Cake and Puppets 
Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone series takes place partially in Prague. However, Night of Cake and Puppets takes place entirely there! These beautiful books make me want to visit so badly.

Antarctica
Up To This Pointe
Ballet and penguins? What more is there to ask for? I read this while at a ballet intensive as well... so that was cool!

Ancient Greece
The Song of Achilles
So I've raved about this one so much. It definitely transports you back to the myths of Ancient Greece. It's so well researched and I love Patroclus and Achilles so much.

Afghanistan
Kite Runner
This is a powerful classic that everyone should read. I really need to get my hands on more work by Khaled Hosseini!



No comments:

Post a Comment