Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #28


Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman

Publication Date: April 22nd, 2014
Genre: Young Adult Historical Fiction
Amazon/Barnes and Noble
Obey. Smile when Hitler comes closer. And never, never question him.

These are the three rules in seventeen-year-old Nazi Gretchen Müller's life. They've kept her safe since Papa died, protecting old family friend Adolf Hitler during a street fight years ago. Until the night in 1931 when Gretchen meets a young, fearless Jewish reporter she's supposed to despise. But she can't stop herself from listening to his story -- that her father, the adored martyr, was actually murdered. Together, Gretchen and the reporter vow to do whatever it takes to uncover the truth. Even if it means breaking all of Hitler's rules. Especially the most important one of all: don't fall in love with the enemy...

I have been interested in World War 2 and the reign of Hitler since I read The Book Thief. I hope The Prisoner of Night and Fog delivers!

What are you waiting on this week?
 Post Signature

11 comments:

  1. There are not many books dealing with Hitler as a person, even a family person, because that's just not what he was. Sounds like the book will rather be dealing with the last pre-war years. The blurb sounds a bit confusing but I'm curious about the book nevertheless. Thanks for sharing!

    Here’s my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something that will make you cry and sad. I haven't heard about it before, but I'm deffinitelly adding it to my list. Thanks for sharing.


    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! Pretty cover! Haven't heard of this one before!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my WoW 2 weeks ago and I can't tell you how excited I am. I love historical fiction and a book about Hitler's niece is bound to be intense and all sorts of scary.
    Great pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'd never guess what the book is about by looking at the cover. But I liked the premise, so thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks totally awesome, Love the cover!
    New G+ and bloglovin follower

    My WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds pretty good :) Thanks for sharing.

    my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-unwept/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard about this one, too. It sounds so interesting! I love a good historical fiction. Hope you enjoy it :D
    I know it's a day late but feel free to stop by and check my WoW post!
    Wolfie @Writer Person (:

    ReplyDelete