Thursday, October 10, 2013

Truth or Dare #1

Hosted by Jenna Does Books!
Truth: Aside from reading or blogging, do you have a hobby or skill?

Why yes, I do have a hobby! I take ballet classes after school a few days a week. Sometimes the classes are three hours! *cough* That was the reason I was a bad blogger yesterday and didn't post *cough* My mom was a very serious ballerina and I guess she passed on her passion to me! Right now the studio is preparing for The Nutcracker... and I'll be in snow scene! I'm so excited.

I have other hobbies such as violin, jewelry making, bell playing, singing, and writing (I want to be an author when I grow up. It's been my dream since I was five.) Also, does hanging out with friends count as a hobby?

Overall, ballet is my main hobby beside reading and blogging. I love the feeling of extreme concentration and control. Also, I think ballet is the closest feeling I will ever come to flying. It's even better than planes, although planes are pretty cool. Also, I always feel better after a ballet class. Unfortunately, I am always sore all the time, but I feel refreshed so it's worth it! Just a fun fact!
What are you hobbies?
-Emily

8 comments:

  1. WOW that's awesome. I love ballet. Are you currently writing anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Or at least trying... I plan for it to be a twist on Beauty and the Beast!

      Delete
  2. Ballet sounds fun.
    My hobby I spend the most time on besides reading is writing. I'm not sure I can count it as a proper hobby, because I've self published 2 books, so I'm trying to make it as a professional author.
    I do love to write though, so I guess that would be my favorite hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love writing and congratulations on writing and self publishing two full books... that is two more than I have ever written!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... gotta go with reading, hip hop, and tree climbing. Which is weird since I'm afraid of falling and I hate jumping off anything taller than 4 ft. But yes, hanging out with friends counts as a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are an excellent tree climber! Just perhaps not a tree jumper...

      Delete
  4. I used to love being a dancer! I had to give it up to focus on oboe though - both music and dance are extremely consuming of...well pretty much everything haha, so one had to go. And if I hadn't move to a city where the new dance teacher wouldn't let me dance point unless I danced flat with her for two years, then oboe probably would have gone (and my entire life would be different. Weird to think about what impact things like that can have!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah :( Too bad! I bet it would be really hard juggling both though! Also, it is amazing to think how different you life would be if you just made one different decision! And it is so cool that you play the oboe! Thanks for stopping by Elizabeth :D

      Delete