Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Review: In Time

In Time by Alexandra Bracken
Publication Date:
The Darkest Minds #1.5
Amazon/Barnes and Noble
Gabe’s life has been devastated in the wake of the economic crash. The only option left for someone like him to escape his tragic past is to leave his small town behind and to attempt to become a skip tracer. This already almost impossible task is made all the more difficult by his first score, a young girl who won’t speak, but who changes his life in ways he could never imagine.





I always love picking up novellas, but I am rarely left feeling as I do. How do I feel? Well, I could give you a long list. A very, very long list. I feel shocked and emotionally drained. I feel that hollowness you feel after reading an amazing, soul sucking read. My mind keeps on coming back to this novella and its contents. There are many ideas presented here and many characters, old and new.

There will be no spoilers in this review, not even for the first book, The Darkest Minds. I promise. Spoilers would ruin the novella. In Time starts off with introducing us to Gabe. Gabe shows us that everyone was effected by the epidemic of dying and supernatural kids. He is now living in a total dump of America and feels as if he has no other option than to become a skip tracer, a hunter who brings in supernatural kids for a reward. There is a lack of gas, food, and people are becoming more savage everyday.

In Time, while intense, was also very heartwarming. You get to know the poor kids impacted by the "disease" and I felt so much sympathy for them. What is even more amazing is the fact that some still remain strong and kind despite all the terrible events and trials they have undergone. Also, the reader gets to see Gabe's changes as he meets the kids. My heart just kept on melting throughout the entire novella. And then the ending happened...

 Overall, I must say I found In Time's whole new view of the world intriguing and terrifying. Everyone is suffering from the turn of events that had children doing strange things. This heart wrencing novella is a must read for anyone reading The Darkest Minds trilogy. You get important info on the new world and information on what's up with old characters, or as I say, old friends.

4.5/5 Stars
 photo 5stars2_zpse7babcbe.png


And don't miss the first and second in the trilogy,

Thanks for reading the review!

 Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment