Sunday, October 6, 2013

Just One More Chapter!

Yeah about that...

Common Bookish Thoughts:

"Just a couple more pages!"

"One more chapter! That's it! Then I will shut my book."

"I need to know why that happened... Um, maybe just a tiny, tiny bit more?"





We all have those times when we are reading a really, really good book and tell ourselves "I'll just read to the end of this chapter..." As you probably know, this never works. I can almost guarantee you will end up reading, well, nearly the whole book. Also, you will get nothing useful done.

Most of the time, this isn't such a bad trait. However, there are times when my mom pops her head into my room and reminds me I have to sweep before ballet. My response is, "Just one more chapter! Then I will sweep." Needless to say, the sweeping gets done very hurriedly at the last second.

Now, you may be wondering why I chose to write about this topic today. Well, I was actually planning on writing a review today. The key word in that sentence was planning...  Anyway, I started reading Crash Into You by Katie McGarry and, instead of penning up a review like a good little book blogger, I read the whole entire book. Now, I am doing a discussion post because they are quicker and I tend to spend a lot of time on my reviews.


Other "Just One More Page" Books.

Another time I read the entire sixth Harry Potter book. Yeah, there was no sleep that night, no matter how hard I tried to convince myself to put the book down and get some shut-eye.

Also, one weekend I spent an entire day reading Through the Zombie Glass. I was a sad excuse for a blogger that Saturday too, just like today.

How could I have almost forgotten Fangirl? I stayed up 'till two am reading that jewel. I fell asleep on a pile of laundry that I probably should have hung up and I was still in my jeans.

Do you have the same habits? Have you had the same experience?
-Emily


3 comments:

  1. The Fault in Our Stars is probably THEE biggest "just one more chapter" books I've ever read. I didn't WANT to read it in six hours, I HAD to. And it's like that just about every time I've read it (4 times with many many more to come I'm sure)

    Also, I'm about to start reading Fangirl (literally like right now) and now I am super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been over at friends houses and we stay up till 2 am criticizing and sharing our books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I....am like this 100% of the time. It's been very hard trying to break this habit, especially since I read a lot on the train because of my commute and I am deathly afraid I will miss my stop one of these days (...and by one of these days I mean this has happened already more than once hahaah). I have to said aside a good chunk of my day if I'm reading a book I've been looking forward to because otherwise I just spend all my time THINKING about the book, which is about as productive as just reading the book instead of doing other things haha

    ReplyDelete